I removed as much of the ceiling as I could this week to expose the roof frame. I found some small patches of rust but thankfully, it is not as bad as the rust in the walls.

However, I also cleaned up the dust and dirt that was covering the floor and sitting in the crevices of the lower frame, and exposed more patches of significant rust there.

I must admit that I’m starting to feel a bit overwhelmed and have been stressing about how I can manage to fix the rust problems, or indeed, whether I should even bother! Part of me wonders if i should cut my losses and try to find another bus. But of course, there is no guarantee that the next one will be rust free either!

It’s hard dealing with this kind of stuff when you don’t have the skills to properly do the work yourself and you don’t really have the budget to pay professional repairers. So I’m faced with some tough decisions. I will keep you guys up to date with what I decide.