Some very exciting progress made on the bus this week – I got the new floor installed!

This was a big job because the steel sheet and large pieces of plywood were very heavy and difficult to manoeuvre into the bus. But thankfully, I had my Dad to provide an extra set of muscles, and we managed to get it all in in just a couple of days.

It then took me another couple of days to get it all screwed down. Most of the steel was fairly easy to drill through, but there were a few sections that were much tougher and it was hard work getting those screws in, even with pre-drilling!
The end result was worth the effort though. The plywood sheets fit perfectly and it’s all sitting nice and flat.
You’ll notice I haven’t yet finished the section at the front of the bus. That is because I have a special project planned for the front step, and I need to finish this before I can measure and cut the final piece of plywood.
I’m very pleased to have got this much done however – it feels wonderful to be finally making progress and actually putting stuff INTO the bus instead of ripping things out 🙂